Author Topic: Source-Code trunk request  (Read 2234 times)

ricardoduarte

Source-Code trunk request
« on: May 31, 2012, 01:19:23 PM »
Hello all,

I have been playing with bonzai tools and the engine itself, which i think are brilliant, and well put together. I am an university student and i need to use for my project a java 3D based engine. But unfortunately i need to access the source code to extend the engine, and to learn more about it and to extend for what i need.
Would you consider giving away repository read access to the engine?

Kind Regards

Ricardo

jerome_j

• Administrator
    • Bonzai Engine
Re: Source-Code trunk request
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2012, 06:28:45 PM »
The source code of the engine is closed. The tools will possibly be opened someday, but there's still some heavy refactor before that.

If some feature are not exposed/implemented yet, just let us know and we'll either consider to add them in the upcoming dev builds or give you some help to implement them with the latest build.
If you need some documentation, which isn't available in the tutorial/documentation sections, just let us know too.

ricardoduarte

Re: Source-Code trunk request
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2012, 11:30:14 PM »
Since i need to learn about this area from the engine, and be able to put things together quicker, a closed solution is just not an option, we could have used commercial solutions otherwise.

Thanks for your quick reply, and congratulations on your engine, i will continue to use it, but only for private projects:)

Kind Regards

Ricardo