Author Topic: how can i use this library ?  (Read 4635 times)

guzhijie1981

how can i use this library ?
« on: April 19, 2013, 04:38:04 AM »
hi all
  can anybody give me an example how to use this library on android .  if there is a step by step guide, that  is better.
thanks .

jerome_j

• Administrator
    • Bonzai Engine
Re: how can i use this library ?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2013, 12:04:55 PM »
Similar to the desktop, except using the jar provided in bin/android and some specific init shown in the tutorials.

guzhijie1981

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2013, 08:41:07 AM »
Similar to the desktop, except using the jar provided in bin/android and some specific init shown in the tutorials.

thanks jerome_j

can you tell me where to  download the "/fonts/CourrierNew16.fnt" and "/models/obj/XWing/XWing.obj".  unfortunat  i find nothing for a long time.

jerome_j

• Administrator
    • Bonzai Engine
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2013, 10:23:11 AM »
The font is in the ui theme jar (bin/theme or third-party/niftygui) and the models/texture in the jar bin/application/bonzaiengine-tutorials.jar.

guzhijie1981

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2013, 04:04:03 AM »
The font is in the ui theme jar (bin/theme or third-party/niftygui) and the models/texture in the jar bin/application/bonzaiengine-tutorials.jar.

hi jerome_j i follow http://bonzaiengine.com/tutorials.php bonzai engine on android. 

there 2 activities . BonzaiEngineActivity && BeStandaloneTutorial2 i run both of them ,but nothing happened. 

my questions as bellows:
1: which activity is demo for this engine ?  or  both of them ?

jerome_j

• Administrator
    • Bonzai Engine
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2013, 12:09:04 PM »
There is two activities:
- BeTutorial: tutorial showing how to create code running on desktop and android (using engine framework)
- BeStandaloneTutorial: tutorial using android api directly (engine framework not used)

With the last dev build, BeTutorial should run successfully if the assets are properly copied in assets folder of eclipse android project. It may however takes some time to load as it uses non optimized assets (obj/png instead of recomanded jmf/tex). It should log error in ddms log, if any.
After checking, BeStandaloneTutorial is broken (creating AndroidApi with null scene target broken in current dev build). A new build will be available soon to fix that.

Note: don't forget to add in the manifest
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 12:19:29 PM by jerome_j »